Formerly, it was very difficult to download videos from YouTube to your gallery. You might find a video you like but at all times, you must return to YouTube if you must watch such video again.
This don’t usually go down with students like us who wish to download a video tutorial incase we want to watch it over and over again.
At a time, Youtube introduced the download button. The limitations that followed this release were that you can’t download videos directly to your gallery instead they hang in the cloud. You can only access it when you return to the Youtube app. And also, after some days, you will need to redownload the video in other to continue having access to it.
Related: YouTube best practices.
In this post, I shall show you a simple way you can download Youtube videos straight to your gallery using an application called Tubemate.
Download Youtube videos using Tubemate and or adding “ss” to YouTube links. Let me show you how.
1. What is Tubemate?
TubeMate is a software application which enables users to download and save their favorite videos from media hosts such as YouTube. It is associated with a user-friendly interface and this program is excellent for novices.
How to download Youtube video using Tubemate
- First of all, you will need a different application known as TUBEMATE. With this app, you can download any video from YouTube straight to gallery and watch it any time without refering to Youtube.
- Launch the Tubemate application.
- Copy the link of the video you wish to download and paste it on the tubemate search box.
- Search for the video.
- Tap the download button at the left hand side of the application.
- Select the format and size you wish for the video and the video will start downloading automatically.
Wait until the download is finished. You can now watch the video you just downloaded straight from your gallery.
Recommended: simple ways to change your YouTube channel name
To get rid of this long process, you can set the application to appear automatically each time you copy a link.
By implication, when you copy a link on YouTube, the app (Tubemate) will pop up. When you tap it, it will redirect you to the app and where you can download the file.
How to set Tubemate to pop up within other apps
- Open the tubemate application.
- Tap the 3 dots at the right hand side to open the drop-down menu.
- Under Advanced, tap ‘User interface’.
- Check the box for ‘Detect copying link’
That is all. To check if what you’ve done is actually working, just go to YouTube and copy the link of any video. Boom! The Tubemate app will pop up. When you tap it, it will lead you to the page where you can download the video.
That’s it on how you can download Youtube videos straight to your gallery using Tubemate on mobile phones.
2. Adding “ss” to YouTube links
How to download videos from YouTube using SS
- Go to your browser and search for the video you want to download using the YouTube search engine.
- Click on the video to play it and then pause it.
- Go to the video URL and add “ss” before the “youtube.com…” as shown below and click enter.
- You will be directed to another page where you will save the video. This page is the parent website of the www.ssyoutube.com known as Save From.
- This page will display all the information regarding the YouTube video you want to download. You will find out such info like the duration, the title of the video, and also the video download link.
- On the right of the Download in green, you will see a drop-down menu. Click on it and select the format in which you want to download the video. If you want to convert it to MP3, click on the “HD/MP3” option to begin your download.